Five techniques Luskin teaches for reducing stress and increasing happiness
1) Keep a daily gratitude journal, listing items for which you feel grateful.
2) Perform a meditation practice, or simply a few minutes of deep breathing and quiet reflection on something that made you happy. Consider what you can do to achieve that happiness again.
3) Make a habit of sharing the highlights of your day with someone close to you.
4) Practice forgiveness routinely.
5) Construct a list of all activities and experiences that relax and rejuvenate you. Use items from this list to manage your daily stress.